We’re looking for a “hands-on” DAS Construction Manager to join our West Coast Construction team. This position involves all phases of construction in DAS, small cell, and WiFi installation. The ideal candidate will vet and maintain a relationship with vendors/subcontractors to ensure they meet our standards of quality of workmanship while overseeing projects from beginning to end.
- Oversee construction projects through all phases from beginning to end, including meeting project schedules and budgets
- Manage the installation of DAS wireless equipment; antennas, coaxial, CAT 5/6/7 cable, fiber optic, etc
- Represent Wave Wireless on site walks during entire construction phase including: bid walk, precon walk, progress site visits, final Inspection, punch walks and construction closeout
- Review Engineering design and BOMs for DAS
- Lead efforts to obtain low voltage and DAS permits with city officials
- Daily interactions with stakeholders and clients, informing them of updates and progress of installation
- Provide detailed project daily status and reports to management and the construction/operations team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong construction management, reporting, and budgeting skills is required
- Experience managing multiple projects to meet timelines deliverables and budgets
- Expert at completing Sweep, PIM, and Fiber testing
- 3+ years in a hands-on-capacity implementing in-building Wireless Systems such as WiFi, DAS & Small Cell networks
- Read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems
- Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Experience with Commissioning, Optimizing & Troubleshooting DAS systems
- Have a valid driver’s license with access to your own vehicle. The Construction Manager may possibly need to move tools/equipment around from and to various job sites.
Certifications Preferred In One Or More Of The Following:
- Corning MobileAccess
- Andrew Commscope
- Tyco/TE Connectivity
- JMA Wireless – Teko
This position will work on-site with exposure to heavy equipment and construction environments and requires the lifting of material and/or equipment which may be heavy. Travel is required within Northern California.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Primarily San Francisco and Bay Area, CA, with travel around Northern California is required 95+%. This is a field-based position.