Wave Wireless is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for designing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring and administering our LAN and Wi-Fi deployments. Your primary duties will include design, configuration, integration and commissioning and maintenance of LAN networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, and switches. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Design, Maintain and support network and related environments including software, hardware, and configurations (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VLAN, VPN, QoS) from various vendors (including Cisco, Ruckus, Fortinet, Dell, Extreme and Bluesocket).
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network related issues.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Pro-actively monitor network to maximize performance and to determine if adjustments are necessary.
- Managing entire process of company’s network managed service offering, including coordination with client, installation and network launching.
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Network/LAN integration Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology-related field of study with a network engineering focus
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to design Wi-Fi networks on network design platforms.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers, QoS
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Network security experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco OR Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is highly sought.
- NMS and cloud computing experience with cloud based U/X development experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of RF broadcast/propagation theories and software is highly preferred
- Theoretical knowledge of LTE/CBRS is highly preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Dependable and flexible when necessary