Airtower Networks, named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies and one of the 10 Hottest Companies in Washington DC by Inc. Magazine, delivers total managed services and mobile connectivity for the commercial real estate and commercial enterprise sector. We are looking for a CAD drafter to create CDs of Telecom/Wireless systems. Tasks include overlaying the firm’s design files onto existing building plans. The work consists of 90% new construction providing access to the original building plans in CAD format. Responsibilities also entail creating installation and wiring diagram detail sheets. There are several projects in the growing pipeline that need to be completed under a given timeline.
Position will start as part-time with the potential for full-time in the future. Working remote is possible, but office time in DC will be required.
- Applicant must have at least 1-2 years experience in CAD within the building trades. Some templates will be provided, but continual improvements and adjustments will be necessary.
- Familiar with Telecommunications, Wireless and Construction industry.
- Experience with AutoCAD software and Building Construction design.
- A strong, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of building codes, zoning, construction materials and techniques, and standards that you can appropriately and proficiently apply to your work.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively investigate and resolve technical design problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in completing detail-oriented tasks on time working independently and with multidisciplinary team meeting delivery deadlines, occasionally in stressful situations
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills that facilitate ability to reach out, ask questions, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience reviewing engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Experience in reading and interpreting Telecommunications, Wireless and Building Construction drawings.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible.
Company Core Values & Beliefs:
Attention to detail