Wave Wireless, a leading wireless provider and named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Inc. 2019, delivers total managed services for smart buildings and mobile connectivity. We are looking for a DAS/In-Building Wireless Technician to join our Deployment Team. If you’re looking for a career with a fast growing company that’s invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and a huge opportunity to move up within an organization, see job description below and apply.
- Expert at completing Sweep, PIM, and Fiber testing.
- Installing DAS wireless equipment; antennas, coaxial, CAT 5/6/7 cable, fiber optic,, etc
- Hands-on experience with the DAS OEMs (JMA, CommScope, SOLiD, etc)
- Fusion Splicing and Fiber OTDR Testing.
- Keeping stakeholders, including clients, informed of progress of installation
- Provide detailed project daily status and testing reports to management and the project team
- Mentoring and leading less experienced technicians
- Perform audits to fix parameter/configuration issues in the network
- Analyzes internal and external benchmarking and third-party test results and implements solutions to improve results and meet KPI objectives
- Works with Field engineers to troubleshoot issues in the field to validate performance and perform workarounds when necessary
- Responds quickly to critical system impacting issues and works with various teams to resolve as soon as possible
- 3+ years in a hands-on-capacity implementing in-building Wireless Systems such as WiFi, DAS & Small Cell networks
- Read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
- Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Have a valid driver’s license with access to transportation
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are required
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Works independently on routine research and reporting functions
- Demonstrated project management skills
Certifications Preferred In One Or More Of The Following:
- Corning MobileAccess
- Andrew Commscope
- Tyco/TE Connectivity
- JMA Wireless – Teko
- Anritsu / Kaelus
This position will work on-site project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and construction environments and requires the lifting of material and/or equipment which may be heavy. Travel is required within the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Work in the company office 20% of the time and on-site at project sites 80% of the time.